I used to work at a gourmet bistro here in my hometown called Coffee Diem. I loved the food there, especially the breakfast burritos. Of course, I learned how to make these breakfast burritos and enjoyed them at home, too. Here is a variation on the kind of breakfast burritos I used to make there-- hearty, yet simple.
Jen's Favorite Breakfast Burrito
Makes 3 burritos
3 average size tortillas
~1/2 cup salsa
18 tater tots
About 1 cup chopped leftover tri-tip or other meat on hand
~3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven at 450; when it's done preheating, put tater tots in the oven in a pan/tray lined with foil and set timer for 18 minutes.
2. After tater tots have been cooking for about 10 minutes, scramble and cook eggs over stovetop.
3. When eggs and tater tots are done, heat up three tortillas in a microwave for 30 seconds.
4. Lay tortillas out on 3 plates, and on each tortilla, divide up evenly the eggs, salsa, tater tots (6 each), tri tip/meat, and cheese.
5. Fold up tortillas into burritos.
6. If serving immediately, reheat the burritos in the microwave for 30 more seconds. Then cut in half, separate halves at an angle, and enjoy.
7. If not serving some of them or finishing them later, wrap them up in foil and refrigerate.