Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Fantastic Memorial Day Weekend

Over the holiday weekend, I went to San Jose for the yearly convention I have been attending. One thing the bay area is known for is amazing food... and, as I learned, they sure know how to make some incredible pizza.

The first night, my friends and I went to this place downtown called Pizz'a Chicago. They serve Chicago style pizza, deep dish and loaded with toppings.

We started off with some caprese salads to share... and it was very good. Sometimes when I get a caprese salad the mozzarella is a bit rubbery for my taste, but the mozzarella on this cheese was perfect... creamy and just chewy enough.  The tomato was lovely and crisp, and the basil gave it a terrific fresh taste.

As for pizza, my boyfriend and I split what they call The Black Hawk... it has sausage, sweet red peppers, lemon zest, two kinds of cheese, and oregano leaves. Fancy and tasty... what more could you ask for?

This is the inside of the restaurant. I like how they decorated the sides of the booths with those jars of noodles. 

This is some of my other friends' custom-made pizza. Just look at the size of that pizza... pretty amazing. 
This is the best pizza I've ever had in my life. Amazing fluffy, thick crust, toppings bursting with body and flavor, and so very filling. Next time I go to San Jose I am totally going there again.

Coming up in the next post: sweets!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!

    Thanks for alerting me to this post. What a great looking restaurant, and the pizza sounds delicious. Glad you made a connection to great pizza in San Jose. May you enjoy many happy returns. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen

    When you get a chance, please update your "Blogs I Like" blogroll, and remove "2012 as I have decided to discontinue it. Left a similar message over at Deidre's place. Will peek in on your new posts periodically. Have a great Summer. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete