Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More June things...

1. I made Pasta alla Vodka from The Pioneer Woman. It was just as good as she said it would be. Creamy, rich, and you can't even taste the vodka but you can *feel* it. After one serving I felt like I'd had a drink, but in pasta form. Might just make another batch tonight :)

2. I also made some blackberry muffins using the wild berries that have been growing in my yard. Simple and delicious. :)


3. My best friend JoDee and I went and got cupcakes from KK's Gourmet Bundt Cakes at their Santa Maria, CA location.

I got the strawberry cheesecake and red velvet. 
They were so pretty I almost didn't want to eat them...
but I knew they would taste just as good as they looked.

Just look at that red! The chocolate chips on top were a nice touch, too.

Before July, I'm going to try to make some rosemary shortbread cookies. Not sure how they will turn out, but apparently they're a classic from the Victorian era, so I'm intrigued. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen!

    Hahaha @ your review of the "Pasta alla Vodka"--"Creamy, rich, and you can't even taste the vodka but you can *feel* it." Hahaha...another great post by the way.

    Better get out of here before I get hungry. Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful July 4th celebration. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Al :)
    I get to go see my boyfriend for the 4th, we're sure to have a lovely time. I hope you have a nice 4th too :)

    ReplyDelete