Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A holiday weekend in Los Angeles :)

I spent this past weekend in Los Angeles visiting a friend. I had a really nice time. We ate delicious food, saw the sights around downtown and East LA, Hollywood, San Pedro and Long Beach, went to Amoeba Music, went to the Griffith Observatory, and went to Angel's Gate Park in San Pedro and enjoyed the sunset and ocean view.

The first thing I did when I got into town was to go to Rounds in West Hollywood for a Western burger and fries. Awesome lunch. The fries were so crispy, too.

Later on that night I stopped by Original Snow Cone and Funnel Cakes and got some fried Oreos, a fried banana and a Churro. If I can give a piece of advice, it's this: scarfing down fried foods is liable to lead to heartburn. Still: it was worth it.

Next night: Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles in Hollywood. A friend of mine recommended this place to me and it did not disappoint. I got the fried chicken breast and waffle combo, with a side of gravy and some macaroni and cheese. Kinda jealous we don't have one of these in the Bay Area.

We got a dazzling view of the city from up high on a hill at the Griffith Observatory. Pretty popular place, apparently. This photo doesn't do the view justice, but it's as close as I could get with my phone camera.

At Amoeba Music, I found one of my favorite movies, North by Northwest, for only $2.99! Great deal.

So now I'm back, refreshed, and ready to take on the rest of the week. Looking forward to the next holiday!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, Jen!

    You know how to have a great time! What a spectacular view! Great food! A great deal on one of your favorite movies! Sounds like the City of Angels is worthy of another visit someday. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, LA was great :). Soon I get to go back to Santa Maria for Thanksgiving. Have a great week too!

      Delete
    2. Hey, Jen!

      Am glad you enjoyed your visit to LA. You must be excited about venturing back home next week for Thanksgiving w/your family. Thought of you earlier today when I was at the market and spied a box of dreidels. Speaking of which, I'm a full week ahead of myself, but Happy Hanukkah! Try to not beat your sister too much if you guys challenge each other in yet another classic match. Shalom...

      Delete
    3. Yep, definitely looking forward to my visit home :). Thanks for the Hanukkah wishes, my dad is making latkes for Hanukkah/Thanksgiving so we can celebrate Hanukkah with my aunts/uncles and cousins too. Have a great Thanksgiving Al!

      Delete
    4. Hey, Jen!

      Mmm, mmm good @ the mere thought of devouring some yummy latkes. Am a tad bit jealous of your senses of taste and smell for having had the opportunity to savour some of your father's crispy perfection I'm sure. Trust/hope your December will continue to bind love of family, friends and treasured memories together during this special time of the year Shalom...

      Delete
    5. Yep, we had latkes tonight and they were fantastic, especially because I got to help make them. We also played dreidel and I lost but that's okay. Happy December to you Al, hope you are enjoying this holiday season :)

      Delete
    6. Hey, Jen!

      Am peeking in to wish you a safe, and wonderful week next week. Hope this holiday season has been a delightful and wonderful experience for you so far.

      Loved those yummy looking Christmas cookies you featured on your Facebook page (Encore!, Encore!) Also very proud to read about the successful completion of your Master's Degree--Way to go! You did it! :)

      Do you have any exciting plans on tap for ringing in the new year? Back next year to touch base and catch up. Shalom...

      Delete
    7. Hi Al, happy holidays! I just posted a new post so you can catch that next time. I will be baking more Christmas cookies soon so I will definitely take/share some pictures of those. Thanks for the congratulations, it's a great relief to be done with school. I worked really hard and finally finished. Probably having a pretty low key new years eve, just staying in and watching movies with my new guy :)

      Delete